TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY VIES FOR KING OF FAR RIGHT AGENDA.
Texas Governor Rick Perry’s recent actions reveal a Texas G.O.P. agenda to disenfranchise Mexican Americans.
The Librotraficantes launched our first response. We are convening with our networks state-wide and nation-wide to follow-up. Stay tuned for a huge Teach-in at the State Capitol at the end of July. http://www.librotraficante.com/Press-Release.html
In the mean time, it is important to list some of the cultural affronts by Texas Republican legislators. This is the same climate that existed in Arizona just before Governor Jan Brewer became the Queen of the Far Right Anti-Ethnic Studies and Anti-immigrant Agenda. Perhaps Texas Governor Perry wants to become the King of the Far Right?
Recent G.O.P. Affronts to Mexican American Culture and History.
· House Representative Giovanni Capriglione sponsors SB1938 which would effectively dismantle Mexican American Studies. www.StopTXHB1938.org
· Texas Senator Dan Patrick sponsors HB1128 which would effectively dismantle Mexican American Studies.
· Senator Ted Cruz votes against Immigration bill.
· Senator John Cornyn votes against Immigration bill.
· Texas Governor Rick Perry vetoes $1.5 million dollars allocated for Mexican American Studies at the University of Texas.
· Texas Representative Lamar Smith opposes the Comprehensive Immigration Bill passed in the U.S. Senate and stands in the way of Immigration Reform.
· The Republican majority legislation ducks the issue of redistricting, as the Conservative majority Supreme Court strikes down the Voting Rights Act.
The Librotraficantes say it is time to Liberate Texas.